Wednesday, December 19, 2007

Dog, chocolate, and white carpet!

No, those three things just don't mix...especially when the white carpet is your Moms new white carpet! So, Melanie, I feel your pain....I can't believe both of our dogs misbehaved like that!

For some reason, it just doesn't seem like it should be holiday time yet...I'm having difficulty getting into the spirit of things. Everyone asks if you are ready for the holidays...I say I'm just ready for them to be over so I can have some semblance of a semi-normal life. It just seems like it is more trouble than merriment. Money spent (and not on me!!), too much traveling...I just got back from my Moms on Sunday and will be going back this Friday.

Maybe I'm just ready for a change in scenery? That actually sounds wonderful...new city, new job..new is good! That is what the military has done to me; turned me into a gypsy. I get restless after a few years and need to uproot.

2 comments:

MelBoe said...

Marcia, Marcia, Marcia. We are alike in many ways. I, too, get restless after a couple of years in the same place. I love the fresh start you get when you move, learning your way around, finding new restraunts and grocery stores, and discovering local customs. It's been an interesting two years here for us in Memphis, but I am not really ready for move just yet.

Marcia said...

Another big plus in moving is I get to clean Deon's playroom and get rid of any toy that came from a sack of fast food!