Monday, January 28, 2008

Post-weekend

Well, I completed my first official race this past weekend. It was a 5k, benefiting brain cancer research. It was very cold at that hour of the morning (0900) and there were a couple of hills on the course, but I still think I did pretty good. I ran it in 31:53. That is about my normal pace of a 10-minute mile.

My lungs hurt for the rest of the day every time I took a breath, so Saturday after church, I went to the sporting goods store and bought some official cold-weather running gear. I wore them yesterday and they worked as advertised...Plus, they are cute! Today I am going to try to step it up to 4 miles...wish me luck!

Well, my loved one still doesn't have any idea of where they are sending him next, so we are still waiting on that news. Someplace far away from here would be nice....maybe overseas in an exotic country...I can dream, can't I!

I have been studying many hours for the stupid algebra assessment I have to take tomorrow. I am still not happy about having to take it at all, but what can I do?

2 comments:

Redblur63 said...

Time to update, girly! We're waiting news anxiously!!!

MelBoe said...

Yea, that's right - it's time to update again...just what have you been up to, snot-girl?